As we have discussed in regards to shipping your goods to Indonesia, there might have been some misconceptions in regards to shipping your product to Indonesia. Here on this page, we would like to discuss with you the list of misconceptions in regards to shipping your goods to Indonesia and how to fix it.
Shipping to any parts of the world can be tricky especially if you ship to third world countries or developing the country as the main problem usually the unclear rules or regulations in regards how to ship properly to the country.
You might feel more secured to ship to a developed country with clear rules and regulations as the worst thing that might happen is that only your goods will be returned back to the origin compared to third world country as your goods might be confiscated when the customs official not satisfied with the documentation or there are more additional tax that might not be known to you that need to be paid before customs clearance.
In regards to the misconception is not always be how to handle customs clearance while you shipped your goods, but also the packaging of your goods can be a crucial part when determining what is the “right way” to do shipping.
Hence, shipping in Indonesia wouldn’t be any different if you know how to handle the difficulties along the way. Most of the time for the beginner shipper, shipping to Indonesia can be a daunting task.
A lot of preparation needed to make your shipping effortless to Indonesia as most of the rules not stated on the Indonesian website and surely make the shipper confused on what is the step that needs to do or documents that might be needed.
The flow of shipping starting from packaging your goods, preparing documentation relating to the goods that you want to ship to Indonesia, finding more information on price of shipping and good shipping agency to Indonesia based on your needs and budgets, finding more information in regards of the rules and regulation to clear your products from the customs and lastly to understand the tax payment that you need to pay (if needed) and how you can make the payment as to make sure your goods won’t be lost in transit while waiting for the customs, etc.
It might be such a troublesome job for you as the need to prepare the detail as well but you can make less work by understanding the knowledge of shipping by finding a shipping company that has experienced in regards of shipping to Indonesia or else you can check with any of your friends or relative that have ship their goods to Indonesia before without any problems. The key here is to obtain knowledge in regards to shipping your goods to Indonesia properly.
Here are some of the common misconceptions about shipping your goods to Indonesia:
- You can ship any goods that might be legal or not regulated in your origin country to Indonesia. Before doing the shipping, it is best to do some research in regards to the rules and regulations in the destination country. As in the example, Indonesia is one of the countries that have a strict rule in regards to certain products or goods due to its modest belief as the majority of the population is a Muslim. Porn, sex toys, gambling, psychotropic related drugs, gun-related products, or any weapon-related goods are banned in Indonesia.
- The quantity wouldn’t raise any problem when shipping goods to Indonesia. It depends, if you cater to ship your goods to a company in Indonesia, they might let you ship goods in the large amount, but if you ship the goods to a personal address, the customs officer will raise a question whether the goods are for personal use or company use. Customs clearance officer is more strict in regard to the purpose of the goods as it is quite sensitive in regards to the tax matters.
- Any category of goods is ok to ship to Indonesia as they (customs clearance officer) might just clear the cargo as it is for personal use. It is better to look again in regards to customs clearance rules and regulations as Indonesian custom will not tolerate importing specific goods with required documentation even it is for personal use. Keep on researching and understanding what kind of documentation you might need when you ship your products to Indonesia.
- I might not need to pay import tax in Indonesia for my shipment as the goods are not expensive. As you need to understand, Indonesia is one of many countries in the world that have imposed an accumulated tax when you ship your products to Indonesia. Please be reminded that free tax minimum in Indonesia is only USD 3 and if the goods value more than USD 3, additional minimum 32.5 percent (consist of 7.5 percent import tax, 10 percent value-added tax, another 15 percent personal income tax if you have tax registration code in Indonesia) will follow when you shipped your goods to Indonesia.
- Shipping to Indonesia is easy as I have ship goods to any other Southeast Asia countries before. You need to understand that every country might have different rules in regards to imports to their own country so it is wise to understand the rules and regulation in regards of difference between countries especially Indonesia listed as no 116 of 189 countries listed on world bank in the easiest countries in regards of trading across borders associated with the logistical process of exporting and importing goods.
- I have might the best boxes or packaging for my products. There is no such perfect packaging as you need to keep reassessing every risk while you shipping your goods to by any shipping company. Keep researching online in regards to increasing the safeness of your product during transit to make sure your goods arrived in one piece at the destination.
- I always submit the usual documents that I always submit whenever I do my shipping. Be aware that when you ship your goods to other countries, every country might have some special document in regards to import the particular goods to one’s country. Keep checking with your shipping agency to ensure what kind of documents might be needed.
- I always use one particular shipping company or the big 4 (UPS, TNT, DHL, FedEx) whenever I do my shipping. Well, every shipping company has its own strength where it operates in shipping customer goods. Even the big 4 stated clearly on their website that every documentation or taxes declared on the customs clearance at the destination country become the shipper or recipient responsibilities.
- I have given the estimates the time of shipping to the consignee in Indonesia as promised by my shipping company. While you ship your goods to Indonesia, usually the shipping company gives you only the estimates as there are no sure exact and time things when you fo trans-border shipping to Indonesia due to the difficult customs clearance. Always try to give an extra few days up to one week when you ship the goods by air to Indonesia from the estimates given by the shipping agency.
- The customs clearance in Indonesia is quite easy as I have shipped to other countries before. The customs clearance system might be different in every country and as well in Indonesia. Always consult with your shipping agency in regards to the matter as to avoid delay in customs clearance as to speed up the process of shipping.
In SindoShipping, we believe that our company purpose is to simplify the process of shipping your goods to Indonesia. Our company service is:
- Help you arranging your shipment from the point of origin to your destination effortlessly. As if required, we can arrange the pick up based on your request and time of pick up for delivery purposes at the point of origin.
- Allow you to access the information at the real-time on where is the location of your goods during transit. We believe that our company needs to provide you with online real-time information where is the location is as we value your shipment and we understand on how important it is for you to be able to locate your goods in every step of delivery until it reached your destination safely.
- Handle customs clearance and duty payment. With our expertise and our customs brokerage system, we will help you and your company to pay the tax to the customs and handle the paperwork based on Indonesia customs requests on behalf of you.
- Support the development of your company to the next level. As we believe that our job is to keep you and your company grow if you want to build a customer based in Indonesia as an online retailer or seller, our time-definite shipment will help you cater to your customer needs.
Contact our staff now for any inquiry or you have any question need to be answered in regards to shipping to Indonesia. Please do not hesitate to check as consultation is absolutely free.
7 Little Change That’ll Make A Big Difference with Your Shipping to Indonesia
Price List Shipping to Indonesia
13 Things About Shipping To Indonesia You May Not Have Known