Shipping to Indonesia can be complicated sometimes if you don’t know the little hack that able to make some difference with it. Here in this article, our team has compiled some of the ways that you can do to make sure you have shipped your goods or parcel with peace of mind to Indonesia.
Perhaps you have done many drop shipment before to a lot of countries due to your business that offers to ship to all over the world, and this one might be your first one to ship your goods to Indonesia, and in case of you wondering what should you do for to make sure your goods in the right track to your customer, we are here to help you understand a few things before you commence your shipment from your origin country.
Transborder or International Shipping Principle
Transborder shipping as nowadays people call international shipping opens a lot of opportunities for many people and companies and in the world number one component that changes the economy is the Small and Medium Enterprise all over the world.
The country which has a lot of Small and Medium enterprises surely be more prosperous than the country with fewer SMEs. What makes our world better is the creativity and surely the world filled with people that ready to make a difference in the business world.
We call these guys “entrepreneur”, countries in the united nations agree as to reduce unemployment in the world and their own countries, they need to cultivate the SMEs and ensure the business environment is conducive to be able to make sure these SME’s thriving.
Now, is the tricky part, if you as a country encouraging your SMEs to make sure the new market keeps opening up for them, will you restrict or do over protection over them and limit the influx of import goods so local SMEs can thrive? the answer to this question varies but most of the people believe in limited control is good enough to make sure the growth of every SMEs is optimal with such protection.
In developed countries, most of the countries believe in the liberal economy and the free economy as in the longer run, as SMEs have tight competition between each other, it makes themselves stronger and has the competitive spirit to thrive and to ensure the company surviving with the global economy.
The European Union believes borderless countries that not separated by customs within the Union will thrive the local SMEs as to enlarge the market of one company within Europe. Customs clearance is limited to the goods coming from the non-EU countries as when imported to the EU, the goods will have ease movement after the customs clearance when the goods imported.
In the case of the EU, e-commerce will have better access to keep up thriving as a large market and easy access to customs clearance. As in Asia, we haven’t see the economy going towards that direction as sometimes the Asia countries do a lot of national protection as to make sure the local market wouldn’t penetrate much by import products and encouraging their own people to use their own country produce.
Protection is good but too much protection makes the country and SMEs seems like out of play with other countries company that might be excel in the international market. As e-commerce will thrive with globalization, the countries involved should encourage their own SMEs to increase efficiency and creating the spirit of entrepreneurship.
Indonesia case of transnational e-commerce
As in the Indonesia case, as with the large population of 250 million peoples, Indonesia has a large market within itself as the SMEs will be able to thrive and survive within the country. Indonesian government on the other side prefers to do a lot of protection of local products and economy by increasing the tariff policy of import products.
These things encourage the customs clearance to have a quite difficult job to clear goods as there might be a lot of rules of restrictions in the borders and more bureaucracy needed to clear some cargo which makes a lot of delay in your product to arrive at the destination.
Here is 7 little change that will make a big difference with your shipping to Indonesia:
- Sometimes if you don’t feel right, do change your packaging of the goods that you want to ship. If you are a reseller of some type of goods or if you think that your packaging is not really safe during the transit, please do change the packaging or upgrade little extra to make sure your goods will be safe and sound until the destination. Always make sure that the goods you ship is using a new box as it more sturdy compared to used boxes during the transit.
- When you ship to Indonesia, and you want to enjoy free tax up to USD 3, change your shipment from bulky shipment with pricy goods in one shipment to a few separate shipments between one day to two days as not to waste any money for the extra tax. It will help with the small-medium enterprise as will save a lot of tax money that Indonesia imposed with the total of additional 27.5 percent (if you are tax registered in Indonesia) or if you are not registered, the tax can raise up to 37.5 percent.
- Try to use shipping agency companies with experience of brokerage system that able to help you arrange the tax based on your commodity that you want to send. As in Indonesia, there is a lot of requirement needed for some type of goods as in example health and beauty products that additional documents needed from the related departments.
- If your not sure what to write at the description of the goods, change to some common type of goods and try to be specific instead of writing it down as a personal goods or gifts or consumer goods that make the customs confuse as it is too general and too common to use for description of shipping goods. It will help you pass the customs clearance in a faster process as you need to be as clear as possible.
- If possible and you have a budget for it, use shipping by air compared by sea, change the way your goods transported will play a part as well for the better shipping. As air shipment is a less troublesome and faster process compare to the sea shipment. As the airport needs to work as efficient as possible and customs clearance also needs to customize themselves with the faster demand from the general operations of the airport, your goods will pass faster from customs clearance.
- When you ship to Indonesia, if possible, avoid shipping before the holidays’ date. It worsens before and during Ramadhan or Islamic new year as the customs will have to stop operations for more than a week to cater for the holidays that everyone celebrating. Ensure to the shipping agency the clearer date or off-peak season when you ship your goods to Indonesia.
- This one is quite crucial, make sure you have the best air cushion or protection inside the box for the content towards any probable damaged during the transit. Keep changing the protection material inside the box until you are 100 percent sure by adding air cushion, buble-wrap, or other materials that able to help your goods safe during the shipment period.
We believe that our company purpose is to simplify the process of shipping your goods to Indonesia. Our company service is:
- Help you arranging your shipment from the point of origin to your destination effortlessly. As if required, we can arrange the pick up based on your request and time of pick up for delivery purposes at the point of origin.
- Allow you to access the information at the real-time on where is the location of your goods during transit. We believe that our company needs to provide you with online real-time information where is the location is as we value your shipment and we understand on how important it is for you to be able to locate your goods in every step of delivery until it reached your destination safely.
- Handle customs clearance and duty payment. With our expertise and our customs brokerage system, we will help you and your company to pay the tax to the customs and handle the paperwork based on Indonesia customs requests on behalf of you.
- Support the development of your company to the next level. As we believe that our job is to keep you and your company grow if you want to build a customer based in Indonesia as an online retailer or seller, our time-definite shipment will help you cater to your customer needs.
Contact our staff now for any inquiry or you have any question need to be answered in regards to shipping to Indonesia. Please do not hesitate to check as consultation is absolutely free.