Here is some basic knowledge that able to help you in regards to increase your skill of shipping your goods to Indonesia. Here are some videos that been created around Youtube to make you understand more the system and the things that go on from the industry of shipping.
Knowing basic in regards to shipping is important. Some basic in shipping starting in packaging, being master of it is a benefit as will help you in many ways starting to make your goods safer as to be able to clear the customs clearance faster as well if you look until the detail as well.
Another basic is to know how the shipping overnight industry works and also how the shipping industry evolve until current shipping system that becoming one of the future industry which intertwined with the e-commerce industry.
The express shipping industry is a “future industry” as the growth of internet make the shipping business is a demand and furthermore, shipping industry is one of industry that keeps evolving over time as in the future we will see more drones that will deliver our products to each house or destination and limit the human interaction to critical labor job.
Surely, these videos will help you more understand the flow of shipping, the knowledge, and the future for shipping as well that will have more breakthrough in the future as the industry keeps growing.
1.Pack your goods like a professional
How to pack properly for your fragile items
How to pack UPS way
FedEx: How to Pack, Seal, and Label Shipments
Packaging is an important part when you prepare your shipping but many people overlook how important the packaging is. Packaging helps the safeness of your goods during transit and delivery as boxes, sealing of the package and the protection of the goods matter.
In all of the three video references above, the packer always insisting in regards to the outer layer around your products to protect the goods or the content. Furthermore, in all of the videos also mention in regards to properly sealing your products. It is the utmost importance as well to find the proper corrugated carton for the outermost part of protection.
2. Customs clearance process: Understanding the matters
Customs: Why goods or parcel usually delayed
How customs clearance system works
Information on the restriction of goods to import
What exactly customs brokers do?
As the reference videos inform us in regards to customs clearance system do, what exactly they looking for when at customs clearance, and what exactly the customs brokers do that able to help you clear the shipment through customs clearance representing the customers.
International shipping, by all means, must through customs as to enter the country. Here is the customs clearance purpose:
Custom duty clearance is needed as the main purpose of custom is to seek whether every goods imported have special clearance to one country.
Another purpose of customs clearance is to control the inflow of goods imported to one’s country so it won’t harm the local market or local producers from the nation where the goods imported to.
Sometimes the country needs to control the market price of the commodity in their country to the restricted oversupply of the goods that make the price of the goods decreasing due to more supply than demand.
Some commodities that imported to the country will directly increase the supply of particular goods in the market. The price of the commodity itself will decrease as too many goods in the market and will make the producer of typical same commodity from the country make a loss compare to the cost of producing it.
In the longer term, it might cost the local producers of the same typical goods suffer and will shut down the business due to loss of profit. For the longer term, it might affect the countrywide because the country will only rely on imports and the country that exporting the goods to a particular country might control the supply and price of the commodity.
Furthermore, another function of customs duty official is to protect the country from few types of animal that might have probability carrying virus or disease that will harm the nation and also dangerous plants that able to harm local produce commodity or farmers. The customs duty officer need to work together with the quarantine department in the front line at the borders and need to ensure that the goods, commodity, plant, animal imported to the country is safe.
Some case happened a few years back in regards to swine flu and bird flu that affects the whole world. Many restrictions happened in most of the countries with strict measures from custom duty agencies around the world as countries need to protect themselves from such an epidemic from animals carrying the virus that can harm population or some type of plant that can affect locally produce the commodity.
The role of customs duty department also crucial to help his or her country to increase the collection of tax and duties and in this case is from the importation of goods to the country. While you importing the goods to Indonesia, there are few taxes that you need to pay on top of import tax.
3. Find which shipping company is good for you and how it works
USPS shipping service knowledge
Shipping International 101
Singapore system of trans-shipment hub
Here is the video above mention in regards to the basic knowledge in international shipping and how to find the best shipping system that able to help ship your goods to Indonesia via Singapore as well as transit points.
Why actually best to ship via Singapore as transit points?
Basically, there are 4 factors that help Singapore thrive in the industry:
- Connectivity. Singapore location supports Singapore connectivity as the hub of air and sea logistic. Even so, Singapore is an island, Singapore able to thrive in regards to the need of the world of the hub and logistics and maximize the opportunity. If Singapore location not as strategically located, Singapore will not be able to reach the current level of success.
- Infrastructure. Singapore infrastructure is world-class and compared with the South East Asia region, Singapore infrastructure is quite stand out. Singapore government believe to invest in the best infrastructure as to be able to support the need for high-class infrastructure for the industry.
- Processes. Do you know that in Singapore, it only need minutes to issue import permit compare to any third world country such as Indonesia, Myanmar, Cambodia, etc, that need days and a lot of bureaucratic levels of clearance to issue such a permit? In Singapore, processes of documents, the flow of import and export are seamless and integrated.
- Private sector participation. With the ease of access to investment, the private sector in Singapore is thriving and able to help the country to the next level. The private company in Singapore understands that by setting up an office in Singapore, multinational companies able to reach South East Asia and the Pacific region easily.
We use Singapore as a hub for our transit points as many of the shipping agencies also use it. Few reasons why we use Singapore as our hub transit are:
- 1. Global Connectivity
Singapore boasts the world’s busiest transshipment point and the airport itself is the busiest cargo airport in Asia, providing vital air and sea connections to every part of the world.
- 2. Trusted World’s Courier Hub
There’s 20 of the top 25 top global logistics players hub office and warehouse forSouth East Asia regional and important link to the Pacific as well. Few companies like DHL, TNT, FedEx, Kehne + Nagel, Sankyu, Schenker, Toll Logistics, UPS and Yusen Logistics, etc use Singapore as the main hub. World Bank which, in its reports, has consistently rated Singapore as the first or second most competitive place in the world for logistics.
- 3. Effective and Efficient System
Singapore has also been recognized to have highly efficient customs and business-friendly import/export procedures providing companies greater efficiencies in obtaining clearance/documentation/permits for their goods.
- 4. Improvement of the Supply Chain Management System
Leading manufacturers such as Apple and Unilever are using supply chain management as a differentiating competency for their global business. To remain globally competitive, Singapore has been working with global companies to optimize and manage their supply chains across Asia.
- 5. Singapore is Trustworthy
Air freight providers focused on the shipment of high-value goods will benefit from Singapore’s safe and trusted hub status. Singapore is aligned with international security conventions and has introduced the Secured Trade Partnership programme, the Advanced Export Declaration Scheme and the establishment of Mutual Recognition Agreements (MRA) with major trading partners including Canada, Japan, Korea, and China.
Most importantly, Singapore is the leader of the customs process around South East Asia. With clear regulation and less bureaucracy compared to Indonesia, the goods are easily imported to the region through Singapore and shipped to Indonesia.
Even the Singapore government keeps strengthening the logistic system in Singapore by encouraging the private sector to specialize and deepen the capabilities in key sectors, including food and healthcare logistics, e-commerce fulfillment and aerospace service logistics as these industries keep growing in the future.
4. How express shipping happened and the system involved
How overnight shipping works all over the world
How FedEx system works every day
How DHL as number one express delivery company work
Here are a few functions of the shipping company for the larger economy in the nations:
- Express shipping company are able to network and reach world economy globally
With the globalization, the express shipping company able to help individual or companies to ship the product globally and connect the countries in regards to indirect trade for the buying and selling process.
- Expertise to navigate for import and export custom regulation
The express shipping company has a competitive advantage in regards to the import and export custom regulation based on the company operate. Even so, the big 4; DHL, UPS, FedEx, and TNT dominate the market globally, each express shipping company should be able to give an explanation and understand better the customs regulation regionally.
That is why a customer needs to find a company that has better knowledge in regards to customs regulation.
- Overall cost savings for companies in the system of distribution
Nowadays, express shipping company able to help the industry which operates drop shipping services to the customer. The company does not need to have a lot of stock of goods standing by, the express shipping company able to help the company calculate the procurement and warehouse system for companies to deliver directly to the customer. (business to customer)
5. What will be the future of the express shipping industry?
DHL Parcelcopter: Future of delivery
Amazon Drone Delivery
Future of autonomous robot delivery
In the future, using a robot or drones will be common as more precise and cheaper in the long run as more effective in regards to human delivery. As for now, robot delivery still in testing to make sure how the robot and drone able to deliver the goods effectively and countering the obstacles along the way.
We will be excited to find where the future of technology of delivery will help current problems and need for fast delivery and able to add more value to the express delivery system process.
A little bit of knowledge in regards to our company, SindoShipping
We believe that our company purpose is to simplify the process of shipping your goods to Indonesia. Our company jobs are:
- Help you arranging your shipment from the point of origin to your destination effortlessly. As if required, we can arrange the pick up based on your request and time of pick up for delivery purposes at the point of origin.
- Allow you to access the information at the real-time on where is the location of your goods during transit. We believe that our company needs to provide you with online real-time information where is the location is as we value your shipment and we understand on how important it is for you to be able to locate your goods in every step of delivery until it reached your destination safely.
- Handle customs clearance and duty payment. With our expertise and our customs brokerage system, we will help you and your company to pay the tax to the customs and handle the paperwork based on Indonesia customs requests on behalf of you.
- Support the development of your company to the next level. As we believe that our job is to keep you and your company grow if you want to build a customer based in Indonesia as an online retailer or seller, our time-definite shipment will help you cater to your customer needs.
By partnering with us, your company eligible to use our office address in Singapore as the main shipping address and our staff with help you label the address on the package to your customer directly. Our company offers you a simple way to import your goods to Indonesia by using Singapore as your transit point to Indonesia. Few benefits on using Singapore as transit points:
- No customs hassle, as in Singapore the customs import tax and procedure is fair and square based on the regulation stated.
- Singapore based address is recognized by online retailers around the world.
- By using Singapore address, you able to get more profiles on your account in an online merchant.
- Singapore address is more reliable to track online with International Shipping companies such as FedEx, UPS, DHL, etceteras.
- You can consolidate your shipment through Singapore to save more cost.
- You are able to shop any product locally ( in Singapore) with more variant and easy access.
- Obtain a free address to use for your shipment internationally.
- Received up to SGD$400 free tax from Singapore Customs (GST is calculated based on the Cost, Insurance, and Freight (CIF) value of the goods, together with all duties payable). Refer to: Singapore Custom
- We help you to pay your import tax to a government with Free of Charge (FOC).
Contact our staff now for any inquiry or you have any question need to be answered in regards to shipping to Indonesia. Please do not hesitate to check as consultation is absolutely free.