Shipping to Indonesia can raise a lot of question in regards from preparation to the executions as shipping is not an easy task when you talking about shipping personal goods to Indonesia.
Shipping like any other process of business, which is transferring your goods from the sender to the recipient could be a difficult task, especially to Indonesia with difficult customs clearance procedure.
Customs clearance in Indonesia quite difficult as the rules is not clearly stated what allowed or not allowed in regards to the content of your goods to ship to Indonesia and the procedure as well.
It will be a good decision to hire customs brokerage shipping agency that can cater to your needs and make sure your goods arrived safely to your destination in Indonesia. What exactly is the customs brokerage shipping agency? Custom brokerage shipping agency is a service provided by the shipping agency that able to represent you as customer importing the product and handling the customs clearance procedure until it reaches your destination.
The company should be able to handle your goods from your country’s origin of shipment to the destination as the company actually is a shipping agency as well which be able to help you ship the goods with ease of mind as almost all of the aspect of shipping will be handled by the shipping company inclusive the customs clearance.
What you need to represent are providing few information in regards to your shipping such as invoices, packing lists, detail of your products, brochures, etc, so the shipping agency is able to determine whether your goods in under prohibited or restricted items and what is the next step need to be done in regards on arranging your goods.
Some of you might familiar with the brokerage system delivery service as when you inquire about the shipment pricing, the shipping agency might be able to produce the door to door charges inclusive the tax and customs clearance. It might help you as well to be able to calculate the cost of shipping more accurately and avoid any hassle in handling the tax of the shipment.
Here on this page, we would like to answer most frequently asked question surrounding the shipping service to Indonesia as many of you might ponder the “hard truth” in regards of the procedure, pricing, the system in regards to the process of the shipping.
1. What is “the proper way” to ship your goods to Indonesia?
This question is too general as ‘the proper way” is not specific in regards to the problems. As all of the goods need to bypass customs clearance in Indonesia, and bypassing customs the proper way should be paying the tax through the proper channel.
Probably the best way might be to have a shipping agency with reliability and are able to handle your goods with door to door charges as to avoid any problem that you need to cater on the process of shipping and the shipping agency have the brokerage system like SIndoShipping.
Shipping “the proper way” means ease of mind that the company able to handle your goods or products from the point of pick up until the point of delivery in Indonesia without any hassle as it is such a great investment if you able to find a shipping agency that able to cater to your needs and have the maximum efforts to ensure that the goods will be handled the best until it reaches the destination.
We have heard a lot of frustration from the customer previous shipping agency that fails to deliver the promise to them and the ignorance of follow up from the shipping agency that makes the customer frustrated as no clarity where the goods location or how it handled.
2. How exactly to bypass customs clearance without any problems while you ship your products to Indonesia?
Bypassing customs clearance in Indonesia is not an easy task as a lot of preparation needed and understanding the procedure of shipping as it needed based on customs clearance official request.
Finding shipping information to Indonesia can be such a difficult task as the information to find on the websites of Indonesian customs not really clear and simple to understand by shipper or customers.
Problems might happen on any part of shipment but to minimalize problems, the best way to prevent it is to understand the shipment system and you need to do a lot of research prior to the shipping as to have more clarity.
Consult in detail to the shipping agency or if you have any family or friends that have ship the goods to Indonesia before, look for any additional information as well on the internet in regards the procedure and the worst case scenario what will happen when you ship the goods to Indonesia.
3. Are the Big 4 (FedEx, DHL, UPS, TNT) is the best choices in regards to shipping to Indonesia?
Even the big 4 shipping company have a fine print when you ship your goods trans-country, they can’t help you declare or arranging the documentation needed and ensure the exact tax amount need to be paid prior shipping.
Well, the might charge you a premium price, as well as 1 kg shipment from Singapore to Jakarta, can cost you almost SGD 70 or around USD 40-50, premium charges with faster delivery but the main problem always lies to customs clearance.
Customs clearance might hold your shipping up to days and weeks until the officer satisfies with the documentation or full tax paid that you might not aware of. Keep being ready and communicate well with your shipping agency to ensure the minimal disturbance in regards to the process of shipping to Indonesia.
4. What should I aware in regards to tax payment while in customs in Indonesia?
As to ship the products to any other country in the world, a tax is one of the income for each country that you ship the goods to and you need to be aware in which category your goods before doing the shipment as restricted goods will have high tax compare to daily use products. Please do inform our staff before shipping to have a clearer picture of tax and customs clearance.
Shipper that imported the goods via courier to received free tax declaration with a maximum invoice of the goods of USD 3 (CIF) / day/ recipient. If the goods invoice between USD 3 – USD 1,500 there will be 7,5 percent tax applied and if the goods invoice is above USD 1,500, the recipient or shipper need to refer to the rules of limited importation and consult with custom immediately for referral on the process of importing the goods.
Not included 10 percent VAT / GST, total amount is 17.5 percent estimated from CIF. For medicine, vitamins, etc, the ministry of health might ask you to fill some form before approved by the custom.
CIF consists of (cargo, insurance, freight). Cargo means the cargo price in terms of the invoice price of agreement between seller and buyer when the goods imported to the country and it should be able to compare to the market price on a particular time by customs duty officer. Insurance means the insurance (if any) for the particular shipment during importing. Sometimes, customs duty will look at the insurance price and compared it with the invoice price as comparison. High insurance but low invoice price will raise some suspicion in regards to the true value of the goods as the invoice can be undervalued to avoid tax. Freight means the price of shipment from the origin country to Indonesia. And all of the charges totaled and you will get CIF amount that the customs duty will use for calculating the tax.
5. What if my goods been confiscated by custom or I receive the goods in partial only?
It would be better to check again with your shipping agency and make sure what is the main reason your goods are confiscated by custom and if you do not feel satisfied with the customs duty answer, you can appeal to the respective department and get the answer directly from the custom officer
If you received the goods in partial it would be best to check with shipping agency and confirm with them whether your goods held in custom, for how long, is there any feedback from the custom in regards of your shipment or is there any product that custom duty officer declare with your shipping agency that has taken due to some reason and get really clear about the situation. Most importantly, always check the box condition while you receive the goods and make the complaint to the shipping agency immediately to trace back why you do not receive the complete shipment or how is it possible that some of your goods have been missing during shipment or transit.
Our company, Sindoshipping, believes that our company purpose is to simplify the process of shipping your goods to Indonesia. Our company jobs are:
- Help you arranging your shipment from the point of origin to your destination effortlessly. As if required, we can arrange the pick up based on your request and time of pick up for delivery purposes at the point of origin.
- Allow you to access the information at the real-time on where is the location of your goods during transit. We believe that our company needs to provide you with online real-time information where is the location is as we value your shipment and we understand on how important it is for you to be able to locate your goods in every step of delivery until it reached your destination safely.
- Handle customs clearance and duty payment. With our expertise and our customs brokerage system, we will help you and your company to pay the tax to the customs and handle the paperwork based on Indonesia customs requests on behalf of you.
- Support the development of your company to the next level. As we believe that our job is to keep you and your company grow if you want to build a customer based in Indonesia as an online retailer or seller, our time-definite shipment will help you cater to your customer needs.
By partnering with us, your company eligible to use our office address in Singapore as the main shipping address and our staff with help you label the address on the package to your customer directly. Our company offers you a simple way to import your goods to Indonesia by using Singapore as your transit point to Indonesia. Few benefits on using Singapore as transit points:
- No customs hassle, as in Singapore the customs import tax and procedure is fair and square based on the regulation stated.
- Singapore based address is recognized by online retailers around the world.
- By using Singapore address, you able to get more profiles on your account in an online merchant.
- Singapore address is more reliable to track online with International Shipping companies such as FedEx, UPS, DHL, etceteras.
- You can consolidate your shipment through Singapore to save more cost.
- You are able to shop any product locally ( in Singapore) with more variant and easy access.
- Obtain a free address to use for your shipment internationally.
- Received up to SGD$400 free tax from Singapore Customs (GST is calculated based on the Cost, Insurance, and Freight (CIF) value of the goods, together with all duties payable). Refer to: Singapore Custom
- We help you to pay your import tax to a government with Free of Charge (FOC).
Contact our staff now for any inquiry or you have any question need to be answered in regards to shipping to Indonesia. Please do not hesitate to check as consultation is absolutely free.
The Ultimate Cheat Sheet on Shipping To Indonesia
5 Signs You Need Help With Shipping To Indonesia
Become a Shipping Experts by Watching These Videos (might help you to ship your goods to Indonesia)