In Shipping to Indonesia, you can make “a little cheat” to ensure your goods is safe and sound while you ship your goods to Indonesia. Some of the unexpected things might happen while you ship your goods to Indonesia and with these little tips, you can ensure that your goods will arrive safely.
Shipping to Indonesia can be problematic as there is a lot of question surrounding how to ship “properly” to Indonesia from another part of the world. Here the terms “properly” means is the right way to ship your products to Indonesia.
Shipping should not be a burden, especially you are hoping for a smooth way to ship the goods. Here is the article we want to point the things that you can manage to ship your goods to Indonesia properly as people call it “the ultimate cheat sheet”.
As we all know that shipping to Indonesia main question is how you can bypass the custom but the preparation is the key to ensure that your goods can bypass the Indonesian custom.
Preparation here means the tweak of packaging, the proper documentation, the separated shipping method, the simple declaration, and finding the best shipping service that can help to cater your needs in shipping to Indonesia.
Even as Indonesians, it is quite difficult to find a way to ship goods to Indonesia as Indonesian know the rules perfectly, find shipping companies that able to be able to represent you as custom broker, in here mention that the company will represent you to declare your goods to Indonesia proper way as you can ensure that your goods will arrive with no headache.
Indonesian custom bureaucracy, a lot of demands, lack of knowledge from a shipper, etc, might affect the shipping experience. Shipping in a country like Indonesia might have an intriguing way to make the goods happened to be delivered to the recipients properly as Indonesia really have tight control at the border to ensure the goods imported to the country properly declared and monitored.
As the largest country in terms of population, expect thousand of goods imported to the country daily and it makes the Indonesian customs a bit comprehended to ensure all of the parcels in the proper channel to be imported to Indonesia.
Here is some stuff you can do to make sure your goods arrive safely:
- Properly package the goods. The cheat sheet should package them as small or little as possible as the bulky and larger goods will have many problems to past the customs compared to smaller goods. Rule of thumb: smaller goods more for personal mean less monitored compared to a larger or bulky item which tends to commercial goods or companies which mean a lot of tax need to be collected.
- Divide your goods into seperate smaller items and shipments if it valued quite high. To ensure your goods are under the minimum tax threshold it is best that to separate a few shipments instead to ship it all together. It might cost you more of shipping but it might help you a lot in tax customs charges.
- Write down specific in the description and the total amount per goods and the price as well. Try to write down as detail as possible to make sure that your goods can bypass customs clearance easily as customs hate to see the “too general” way of description and tend to inspect it physically. Detail means clearer, clearer means faster in customs clearance.
- Shipping by air better than shipping by sea. Rules of thumb, shipping by air faster process as the cargo or airlines can’t waste time, time is money so as customs clearance need to work extra to cater to the airport operation and shipping by air means the goods process is lower compared by sea with a lot of containers and process that every container need to pass for inspections.
- For the safety of the goods, ensure the cushion inside the box is at the best. Cushion inside the box around your goods needs to be perfect to ensure perfect shipment, as well as a lot of bumps, might happen on the delivery transit. Best to protect the maximum as you can be to ensure the goods safely arrived in one piece.
- Choose the right shipping agency as your best bet. Finding “the right” shipping agency might like finding a needle in the haystack as that able to cater to your needs and to ensure that your goods can safely arrive bypass the customs and arrived in goods condition. Ask for a reference from your friends and family to ensure you find “the right one”.
Our company, Sindoshipping, believes that our company purpose is to simplify the process of shipping your goods to Indonesia. Our company jobs are:
- Help you arranging your shipment from the point of origin to your destination effortlessly. As if required, we can arrange the pick up based on your request and time of pick up for delivery purposes at the point of origin.
- Allow you to access the information at the real-time on where is the location of your goods during transit. We believe that our company needs to provide you with online real-time information where is the location is as we value your shipment and we understand on how important it is for you to be able to locate your goods in every step of delivery until it reached your destination safely.
- Handle customs clearance and duty payment. With our expertise and our customs brokerage system, we will help you and your company to pay the tax to the customs and handle the paperwork based on Indonesia customs requests on behalf of you.
- Support the development of your company to the next level. As we believe that our job is to keep you and your company grow if you want to build a customer based in Indonesia as an online retailer or seller, our time-definite shipment will help you cater to your customer needs.
By partnering with us, your company eligible to use our office address in Singapore as the main shipping address and our staff with help you label the address on the package to your customer directly. Our company offers you a simple way to import your goods to Indonesia by using Singapore as your transit point to Indonesia. Few benefits on using Singapore as transit points:
- No customs hassle, as in Singapore the customs import tax and procedure is fair and square based on the regulation stated.
- Singapore based address is recognized by online retailers around the world.
- By using Singapore address, you able to get more profiles on your account in an online merchant.
- Singapore address is more reliable to track online with International Shipping companies such as FedEx, UPS, DHL, etceteras.
- You can consolidate your shipment through Singapore to save more cost.
- You are able to shop any product locally ( in Singapore) with more variant and easy access.
- Obtain a free address to use for your shipment internationally.
- Received up to SGD$400 free tax from Singapore Customs (GST is calculated based on the Cost, Insurance, and Freight (CIF) value of the goods, together with all duties payable). Refer to: Singapore Custom
- We help you to pay your import tax to a government with Free of Charge (FOC).
Contact our staff now for any inquiry or you have any question need to be answered in regards to shipping to Indonesia. Please do not hesitate to check as consultation is absolutely free.